Best Bath Towels 2018
If you are looking to spruce up your bathroom, changing your bath towels is a good way to start. However, choosing the right bath towel for you is by no means an easy task. These deceptively simple products have many attributes revolving around it.
In this article, we will review the ten best bath towels available in the market today and follow it up with an extensive guide to help you choose the best bath towel for you.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Bath Towels
|1||900 Gram 8-Piece Egyptian Cotton Towel Set||eLuxury||$$$$|
|2||Spring Bliss Collection 6 Piece Bath Towel Set||Luxor Linens||$$$$|
|3||Kassatex Rayon from Bamboo Collection 6 Piece Solid Towel Set||Kassetex||$$$$|
|4||Utopia 8-piece Towel Set||Utopia||$|
|5||Pinzon 6 Piece Egyptian Cotton Towel Set||Pinzon||$$|
|6||Yarn Dyed Jacquard 6-Piece Towel Set||Baltic Linen||$$|
|7||Lunasidus Vanessa Turkish Combed Cotton 6Piece Towel Set||Lunasidus||$$$|
|8||Regatta Collection 6-Piece Luxury Hotel / Spa 100% Turkish Cotton Towel Set||Home Fashion Designs||$$$|
|9||12-Piece 100-Percent Cotton Towel Set||Lavish Home||$|
|10||Mainstays Value 10 Piece Towel Set||Generic||$|
Our Bath Towel Reviews
This 8-piece towel set is not only high in quality but also offers terrific value. No wonder this product is one of the best selling towel sets available in the market today. These towels are made with 100% ring spun cotton and are soft to the touch in addition to being very absorbent.
- This towel set includes two bath towels (27-inch x 54-inch), two hand towels (16-inch x 28-inch), and four washcloths (13-inch x 13-inch).
- The towels are woven with 100% ring spun cotton.
- It is suitable for both machine washing and drying.
- These towels are entirely made with natural materials and free off any harmful chemicals.
- This product is available in 7 different color options.
If you are on a budget and looking to purchase a high-quality 8-piece towel set, this is as good as it gets. Although its GSM rating is nowhere to be found, we estimate it to be around the 500 to 600 GSM ballpark. That is not bad at all for the price. If we had to fault this towel set, it would have to be the pretty basic binding. But that would be nitpicking.
This towel set comes from Amazon’s in-house home linen brand, Pinzon. However, don’t mistake it with the Amazon Basics brand; Pinzon offers a premium range of products and is positioned above the Amazon Basics range.
This towel set offers good value and is made of 100% cotton. These medium weight towels have a density of 600 GSM and conform to the high safety and environmental standards set by OEKO-TEX Standard 100.
- Towel set includes two bath towels (30-inch x 56-inch), two hand towels (18-inch x 30-inch), and two washcloths (13-inch x 13-inch).
- These towels are 100% cotton and contain a blend of heavyweight Egyptian Cotton for added softness, absorbency, and durability.
- The towels are machine washable and dryable.
- It features ring spun yarn for increased smoothness.
- The towel density is 600 GSM.
- This set is available in 10 different color options.
This affordable, premium quality towel set offers high levels of absorption and is moderately soft. Although there are quite a few customer complaints about lint shedding, they are mainly due to the poor washing techniques used. If you are still skeptical, we suggest you go for the darker color options which require infrequent washing.
This hefty 900 GSM Egyptian Cotton towel set reeks of luxury and will be right at home in any of the finest hotels or spas around the world. These towels are soft, silky smooth, and extremely absorbent.
- This towel set includes four bath towels (30-inch x 54-inch), two hand towels (20-inch x 30-inch), and two washcloths (13-inch x 13-inch).
- The towels are made of 100% Egyptian Cotton with a two-ply construction.
- They are suitable for both machine washing and drying.
- It comes with a 30-day 100% money back guarantee for complete peace of mind.
- This towel set is available in 15 vibrant colors.
Although, luxurious and affordable aren’t synonymous, the e-Luxury Supply towel set is exactly that. If you are in the market for a luxurious towel set which is soft, highly absorbent, and you don’t mind spending the extra cash, then this is the one to get.
Our Top Rated Bath Towels
A Guide To Bath Towels
With thousands of bath towel sets flocking the market, it’s important to understand which towel set is best-suited to your needs. Hence, in this extensive guide, we will cover all the major factors you need to keep in mind before heading out to buy your next bath towel set.
What is a bath towel?
A bath towel is a rectangular fabric, usually made of cotton, and is primarily used to dry your wet body. Therefore, bath towels provide superior levels of absorption and are usually soft to the touch so that they don’t damage your skin.
Although bath towels can be purchased as a standalone product, they are mostly bought as part of towel sets. These towel sets mainly comprise of bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.
Here are the dimensions of the different towels.
- Bath Towels – Size ranges from (27-inch x 52-inch) to (30-inch x 58-inch).
- Hand Towels – Size ranges from (16-inch x 28-inch) to (18-inch x 30-inch).
- Washcloths – They are usually (13-inch x 13-inch) in size.
What are the different types of bath towels?
The varying levels of absorption, softness, and durability of bath towels can be accounted for by the fabric material and yarn construction of the towels. Bath towels can be classified into the following types according to fabric material:
- Cotton – Cotton is by far the most common choice of material used in making towels. It is soft and offers high levels of absorption. Here are some of the different types of cotton used.
- Egyptian Cotton
- Turkish Cotton
- Pima Cotton
- Supima Cotton
- Micro Cotton
- Eco-Friendly – You might be tempted to believe that cotton is an eco-friendly material. However, the process involved in manufacturing cotton can be not only harmful to the environment but also pose various socio-economic risks like long working hours, extremely low wages, child labor and discrimination against women.
Here are some of the bath towel materials which reduces the risks as mentioned above.
- Organic Cotton – It is essentially the same as conventional cotton and only differs in the manufacturing process.
- Bamboo – While boasting high levels of absorption and a plush feel, bamboo fabric is also very environment-friendly.
- Synthetic Materials – Although not as popular as the natural materials, synthetic or semi-synthetic materials are also used in making towels. The following are some of the major synthetic materials used:
- Rayon (Viscose)
Bath towels can also be categorized into the following types according to its yarn construction.
- Combed – In this case, the cotton is combed to remove the short and uneven fibers. This translates to a stronger, smoother fabric.
- Hollow – These yarns have a hollow core, which makes them more absorbent. The hollowness also increases airflow, enabling faster drying.
- Ringspun – Here the fibers are twisted tightly together; and that results in smoother, stronger yarns.
- Twist – This refers to the amount of twist per inch of yarn. As the twist density increases, the towel becomes more durable but sacrifices softness.
Choosing the Best Bath Towel for You
With thousands of bath towels flocking the market, choosing the right one can be an arduous task indeed! However, after going through the following factors, you will be able to choose the best bath towel set for you without breaking a sweat.
As mentioned earlier, bath towels are available in many different types of fabric material. In our opinion, cotton and bamboo are the best materials for bath towels. If you are looking for ultimate luxury, then Egyptian cotton bath towels are for you.
In case you prefer environment-friendly materials, then we suggest you go for a 100% organic cotton towel or a 100% bamboo towel.
Yarn construction affects the durability, softness and absorption capabilities of a towel. If you are looking for durability coupled with a plush feel, you should go for a low-twist towel. Low-twist towels also offer high levels of absorption.
Bath towels can range from under $10 for a single towel and go north of $100 for a full-fledged Egyptian cotton 8-piece towel set. If you are looking for a high-quality 100% cotton or bamboo towel set, there are quite a few options in the $20 to $35 range.
On the other hand, if you are looking for the most luxurious towels, a high-density Egyptian cotton towel set can cost you over $100.
Colors can be of paramount importance, especially if you are trying to add a touch of luxury to your bathroom. Luckily, most bath towels come in a variety of color options, and you can easily find the one best-suited for your bathroom.
If you are purchasing a bath towel just for the utility, then we suggest you go for any of the darker color options. Dark bath towels are easy to maintain and don’t need to be washed as frequently as their lighter counterparts.
Now you know why we referred to bath towels as ‘deceptively simple’! But, we believe that with the knowledge of our extensive guide, coupled with the list of 10 best bath towels, you are now ready to purchase the best towel set for you.