Best Bathroom Scale 2017
Just about everyone could benefit from a good bathroom scale. There’s a reason you’re weighed at every physical exam: Being over or under the healthy weight recommendations is linked to a greater risk for health problems. Keeping up with your weight is essential for good health. Whether you’re watching what you eat, trying to bulk up by working out, or just want to keep track of your weight, a bathroom scale is the best way to do this.
Bathroom scales are small, lightweight, and easily fit in your bathroom. You can keep track of your weight daily with an easy-to-use scale that accurately displays what you weigh. With the latest models, you can even track other aspects of your health just by stepping on the scale.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Bathroom Scales
|1||Withings Wireless Scale WS-30||Withings||$$$$||4.9|
|2||Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale||Fitbit||$$$$||4.6|
|3||Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity / Bathroom Scale||Smart Weigh||$||4.4|
|4||EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale||EatSmart||$$||4.6|
|5||BalanceFrom High Accuracy Premium Digital Bathroom Scale||BalanceFrom||$||4.5|
|6||Smart Weigh SMS500 Digital Scale||Smart Weigh||$$||4.4|
|7||GoWISE USA Body Fat Scale||GoWISE||$||4.6|
|8||EatSmart Precision GetFit Body Fat Scale||EatSmart||$$$||4.8|
|9||Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale||Ozeri||$||4.3|
|10||Weight Gurus Digital Body Fat Scale||Weight Gurus||$$||4.8|
Our Bathroom Scale Reviews
This Smart Weigh scale is a great device for your bathroom if you’re looking for a scale that is accurate, consistent, and easy to use. You don’t have to fumble with a bunch of different settings. You just step on the scale and get your weight displayed in large, easy to read numbers on a backlit LED display.
The modern glass design will look great in your bathroom, and you can select from Black or Silver accents for the perfect match. The high-precision sensors make sure that you get the most accurate reading every time—no more false readings or inconsistencies in your weight.
- The glass design looks great and is sturdy and durable
- The price is just right for any budget
- It is easy to use and extremely accurate
- It has an extra wide 12” x 12” platform for easy use
- It holds up to 330 pounds
- The display is very easy to read with the large numbers and backlighting
- It is backed with a 2-year warranty
- It uses CR2032 batteries, which are more expensive than regular batteries
- Weight may be inconsistent if not placed on a solid, flat surface. It lacks any additional features found on more expensive scales.
Quit straining your back and struggling to read those numbers with the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale. This scale features an oversized 3.5” display with blue backlight, so you can always easily read your weight.
This scale features four high-precision sensors that provide you with consistent, accurate weight time after time. It is auto-calibrated, turns off automatically, and uses 4 AAA batteries, which are more inexpensive than typical scale batteries. The roomy 12.5” x 12.5” platform is comfortable to stand on, and the no-slip glass helps you avoid slipping and falling.
- This model is accurate within .1 pound
- It has three weight settings: pounds, kilos, and stones
- It is easy to use. The tempered glass design enhances your décor
- It uses inexpensive AAA batteries
- Simply step on the scale to use it, no tapping required
- It lacks many of the features of the high-end scales
- It is not accurate when not placed on a flat, level surface
- It takes about 10 seconds to register weight, longer than other scales
If you’re following a health regimen, you want to keep track of your weight each day or each week. Ditch the paper and pencil and allow the scale to keep track for you. This Withings scale is equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to wirelessly track your results through your favorite app.
You’ll be easily to keep up with your body weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) with this simple scale that packs a lot of features. Is more than one person in your household setting fitness goals? Not a problem. With multi-user settings, everyone can keep track of their numbers with ease using this modern wireless scale.
- Multi-user settings allow up to eight different users to track their weight and BMI
- Wirelessly connects to your network to track your progress
- It can be used with over 100 popular fitness and health apps
- It uses 4 AAA batteries that last up to 1 year
- It can be used with Bluetooth if you do not have a PC
- You can easily share your progress with others
- It is accurate
- It is easy to set up and use
- It is priced at a higher price point than other scales
- It is not compatible with all versions of iOS and Android
Our Top Rated Bathroom Scales
What Is A Bathroom Scale?
A bathroom scale is a small, flat electronic device that a person uses to track his or her weight. These scales are easy to use; all you have to do is step on it, stand still, and wait for just a few seconds until the display shows your weight in pounds, kilograms, or your chosen unit of measure.
Bathroom scales are small enough to fit in bathrooms of any size, and they can also be stored in a linen closet or under a cabinet when not in use. Bathroom scales may be made of plastic, stainless steel, or even tempered glass to coordinate with your bathroom décor.
Modern bathroom scales are a far cry from yesterday’s models. Mechanical scales, once the only kind you could buy, are still available and are still favored by some. However, these scales also have some downsides. They display weight with an analog dial and needle pointer, which introduces some imprecision compared to digital displays. In addition, the inner workings of a mechanical scale can be surprisingly delicate, made up of small pieces, including springs that lend themselves to wear and tear, causing inaccuracies. Because modern digital scales are typically better performers and better values, we do not cover mechanical scales in this report.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Bathroom Scale?
If you or your doctor has decided that a weight loss or weight gain program is beneficial for your health, a bathroom scale helps you accurately monitor your progress. You can use your scale at home anytime you want to see if you have gained or lost weight. A bathroom scale is a must-have tool for anyone that is carefully monitoring his or her health. It is more advantageous to own a small bathroom scale over a standup scale similar to what your doctor uses because it is small, lightweight, easy to move, and blends in with your bathroom décor without taking up too much space.
Significant weight changes can tip you off to health or lifestyle changes that need your attention. Even simply monitoring your weight could be beneficial in the long run: Several studies, including the one done at the comprehensive National Weight Control Registry, have found that one of the most common characteristics of people who lose weight and, most importantly, keep it off for years afterwards is regular (at least weekly) weigh-ins.
What Are The Different Types of Bathroom Scales?
Buying a high-quality bathroom scale is a necessity if you are watching your weight. However, there are many different types to choose from. Check out the different types of scales to determine which one is right for your bathroom.
- Analog Scales – These scales are very simple, basic models that just show your weight and nothing more. Unlike digital scales, these do not require a battery, can be manually calibrated, and are typically the most inexpensive.
- Digital Scales – Digital scales display your weight on an LCD screen. You do not have to squint at a dial to see what your weight is because it is displayed on the screen. There are regular digital scales, as well as large print that are easy to see without needing to bend over. Many digital scales may also have body fat percentage calculators and other built-in features.
- WiFi Scales – Wi-Fi scales use the latest technology to give you an accurate reading of your weight. These scales can be used with fitness bands and apps to keep up with your progress. These scales typically have more extra features than digital and analog scales, but they come with a higher price tag.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Bathroom Scale
If you’ve decided that part of staying in good health means weighing yourself at home, it’s time for you to select an accurate bathroom scale that meets your needs. There are thousands of scales available, so the decision of which one meets your needs can be quite difficult. When shopping for a bathroom scale, keep an eye on these four key considerations that are used to assist you in your purchasing decision.
As with any other product, bathroom scales vary greatly in price. Scales range in price from around ten dollars up to hundreds of dollars for a more advanced scale. Determine what features you just cannot live without to set a budget for your new scale.
A scale just isn’t useful if it doesn’t provide you with accurate measurements. Look for a design that goes the extra mile to ensure that you get an accurate reading of your weight every time you step on the scale.
Women who are pregnant or who might become pregnant have unique needs when it comes to tracking their weight. Plus many pregnant women do not want impedance measurements, which are taken by way of mild electrical impulses sent through the feet to estimate body composition (i.e. body fat, bone density, and water percentage). People who have an implanted health device, such as a pacemaker, are often warned not to use impedance scales either.
Since a bathroom scale is generally left out all of the time, you want a scale that matches your décor. Most modern scales are available in neutral colors like black or white, or you can add a splash of color with a fun design. Stainless steel and glass scales are both becoming more popular and go with any bathroom color or theme.
Smart scales are either Bluetooth-enabled, or both Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi-enabled. Wi-Fi scales generally cost more because they require more components to work. They are also much more convenient.
To get your daily weigh-ins off of a Bluetooth scale and into the app where they’ll be tracked, you need a Bluetooth device by your side. If you leave your companion smartphone, fitness tracker, or running watch in the other room, you’re out of luck until it’s within Bluetooth range. (Some scales can save a recorded weight until the next sync, but the cheaper ones do not.) A Wi-Fi-enabled scale doesn’t have this problem. It syncs your data as long as it has a decent signal from your Wi-Fi router. In my experience, Wi-Fi syncing is also more reliable, whereas Bluetooth syncing fails from time to time.
If you just want to see how much you weigh, a basic, inexpensive scale will meet your needs. However, if you want to go beyond the numbers on the scale and learn about your body fat and other important health aspects, a more advanced scale is the best addition for your bathroom.
When you’ve made up your mind to make a lifestyle change and get your weight to a healthy range, a bathroom scale is a must-have for your home. To make keeping up with your progress quick and simple, a scale that uses Wi-Fi or Bluetooth works with your favorite apps to chart your progress and keep you on track. The Withings WS-30 is a great choice. As far as wireless scales go, it is affordably priced, it is compatible with the most popular apps, and it helps you easily track your weight and BMI, so you can hit all of your health and fitness goals with ease.