Best Body Oil 2017
Part of living life is taking care of your body, and part of taking care of your body is taking care of your skin. Your skin can be affected by a number of outside stimuli, from harsh weather, to bacteria, to scrapes, to time. Like any other part of your body, if you don’t look after your skin, it will start to deteriorate. For this reason, you need to apply a high-quality body oil.
Body oils come in many different forms, from coconut oil, to almond oil, and more, but all of them serve the same purpose. They serve to keep your skin replenished and healthy, helping to keep it safe against external stimuli.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Body Oils
|1||Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil||Viva Naturals||$$||4.8|
|2||InstaNatural Fractioned Coconut Oil||InstaNatural||$$||4.7|
|3||NOW Solutions Sweet Almond Oil||NOW Foods||$$||4.7|
|4||Neutrogena Body Oil, Light Sesame Formula||Neutragena||$$||4.6|
|5||Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lemon and Vitamin E Body and Bath Oil||Burt's Bees||$||4.6|
|6||SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Bath Body and Massage Oil||Shea Moisture||$$||4.5|
|7||Dr Teal's Body and Bath Oil Soothe & Sleep with Lavender||Dr. Teal's||$||4.5|
|8||Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil||Majestic Pure||$$||4.5|
|9||Honeydew Sensual Massage Oil||Honeydew||$$||4.5|
|10||Pure Body Naturals Sweet Almond Oil||Pure Body Naturals||$$||4.5|
Our Body Oil Reviews
If you’re looking for a high-quality body oil at a downright affordable price, you should definitely take a look at this bath oil by Burt’s Bees. Made of 100% natural products, it contains lemon and Vitamin E that will leave your skin replenished and protected from the sun at all times. Great for babies and adults, it can be added to bathwater, allowing it to soak into your skin slowly over time. A truly excellent body oil with a small price tag, it’s almost a must-buy.
- High in Vitamin E
- Spreads on smoothly and quickly
- Can be used in bathtubs as a moisturizer
- Not the longest-lasting formula
Arguably the best body oil currently on the market, this InstaNatural Fractioned Coconut Oil is a great buy for a very reasonable price. Made out of 100% all-natural products, it can be used in your hair, on your skin, or in your bathtub as a moisturizer, smoother, and more. Rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin E, it keeps you protected from external stimuli such as UV sunlight. Looking for the best body oil at a reasonable price? This is the body oil for you.
- Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Its bottle’s pump leaks
Though there are a number of high-quality body oils currently on the market, we’re going to go with this Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil as the best body oil around. Made out of 100% natural ingredients, it’s made from almonds from the Prunus dulcis tree. Spreading on as smoothly and as quickly as any body oil on the market, it works terrifically as a moisturizer, smoother, and much, much, more. If you’re looking for the absolute best body oil, you can’t go wrong with this one by Viva Naturals.
- 100% all-natural
- Spreads on smoothly and lasts over long periods of time
- Can be used in a variety of different ways
- No major cons to speak of
Our Top Rated Body Oils
What Is Body Oil?
Body oil is a smooth, thin, transparent liquid that can be applied to your skin in order to keep it healthy and smooth. While it can be applied directly to your skin, it can also be put into bathtubs, used in your hair, and used in aromatherapy. In each case, it helps to open up your pores and wash away unsanitary bacteria.
Body oils come in a number of different forms, from coconut oil, to almond oil, to a bevy of others. While some body oils carry a heavenly aroma, others can be quite bitter in scent. On the other hand, many body oils don’t carry any scent at all. Regardless of whether or not they’re scented, body oils can be a vital tool in your body care tool kit.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Body Oil?
You might think of body oils as being slick, sticky or heavy. Not so, say our reviewers. They report that they’ve found body oils that moisturize their dry skin as well as traditional lotions — without staining their clothes or leaving their skin greasy. And indeed, today the best body oils absorb quickly, hydrate even the driest skin and even impart skin with a healthy glow. What’s more? Many the top-rated body oils are multipurpose and can be used on dry hair or cuticles as well as skin.
While body oil can act as a lotion and be applied directly to the skin as a cleanser and replenisher, it can also be used in a number of other ways. Applying it to your bathtub water ensures that your bath leaves your skin smooth and refreshed.
Body oil can also be used as a natural hair product, helping to keep your hair set in place so that it doesn’t fly all over. Another way in which you can use body oil is in massage therapy, where the oil can be rubbed over someone’s skin to help soothe and relax their body.
What Are The Different Types of Body Oil?
While body oil can act as a lotion and be applied directly to the skin as a cleanser and replenisher, it can also be used in a number of other ways. Check out the different types of boy oils below:
- Sweet Almond Oil – This sweet and mildly fragrant oil comes from sweet almonds. It is the most popular massage oil. Sweet almond oil has just the perfect attributes that a massage oil should have. It flows well on the skin, doesn’t get absorbed too quickly and maintains its oiliness for a long time. It is thin and light.
The best thing about this oil is that your hands will love it. The person who performs the massage knows how important it is for the oil to glide smoothly between the hands and skin.
- Olive Oil – This is most well known oil for infant massage. But, one can use it on adults too. Olive oil is a nice massage oil which tends to improve skin’s elasticity and strengthens it. Olive oil has been used in the Mediterranean since ancient times, for young and old alike. Regular massage with olive oil can keep the skin looking younger and glossier.
Olive oil tends to make the skin look a bit tanned for some time.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is an absolute favorite oil for many people. And it is brilliant for massage. Regular coconut oil solidifies in cold weather. But, one can heat it up and apply on the skin. It is colorless, very light and absorbs brilliantly into the skin. It is very popular in coastal tropical regions. Coconut oil is very good for people with back acne. It helps in preventing the breakouts and doesn’t block skin pores.
- Grapeseed Oil – Although a little more expensive than other oils, grapeseed oil makes for a good masage oil. It is very light and thin. It feels glossy, almost silky to the skin. This rich feeling is quite different from other massage oils. Grapeseed oil is also very nutritious, as it contains high amounts of linoleic acid. If you need to prepare infused oils, like rosemary infused massage oil, then grapeseed oil is the carrier of choice. It absorbs herbs and their nutrients very well and acts as a vector for trasnporting them through the skin.
- Sesame Oil – The oil obtained from sesame seeds is highly prized in Aurveda. According to Charak Samhita, one of the most ancient Ayurvedic texts, sesame oil is the best oil for human body. It has got great nutritional value and is good for strengthening the body’s structure, that is the tendons, ligaments and muscles.
Ayurveda recommends daily massage with sesame oil, a process called Abhyanga. It is a superficial massage done with warm oil.
- Jojoba Oil – It is really haven for people with skin problems and acne breakouts. Jojoba oil resembles the human sebum ( body’s natural oil ). As a result, it is less oily. It is not that excellent for massage, but great for people with acne problems. It is not at all comedogenic, therefore poses no risk of clogged skin pores.
- Apricot Kernel Oil – Very similar to almond oil in properties, but it is costlier.
- Sunflower Oil – Its a rather inexpensive oil which can be used for body massage. It flows well on the skin, is moderately thick. It is good for generating traction with hands, which is ideal for chiropractic massage.
- Wheat Germ Oil – The oil of wheat germ is very thick and viscous. It is not conducive to massage. But adding some coconut oil, or grapeseed oil makes it suitable for massage. Wheat germ oil is often used in conjunction with rose hip seed oil. Wheat germ oil and rose hip seed oil forms a powerful antioxidant combination which protects the skin from all kinds of free radical damage. Wheat germ oil is the best source of Vitamin E on the planet, among oils.
- Mustard Oil – This oil too can be used as massage oil. It is pungent and has sharp odor. It is quite popular in India.
- Avocado Oil – It is a thick oil which is yellowish in color. A special extra virgin oil from a special cultivar of Avocado oil, called Hass, is bright green in color. This oil is rich in chlorophyll and carotenoid pigments. Avocado oil is great for face massage and in hot oil treatments.
- Kukui Nut Oil – This oil obtained from the Kukui Nut tree which is the national tree of Hawaii. Kukui nut oil, also Candlenut oil is a light, amber colored oil with excellent emollient (moisturizer) properties.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Body Oil
From a purely visual perspective, all body oils appear to be just about the same. They may possess different colors or different visible textures, but in general they are identical. Of course, this doesn’t mean that all body oils are of equal quality. There are a number of different aspects separating a high-quality body oil from a low-quality body oil. These aspects make all the difference when it comes to the overall effectiveness of a body oil. While the sheer amount of body oil included in every bottle is definitely something you must consider, you should also consider the oil’s purity, its ability to be absorbed, and its overall fragrance.
You can purchase body oils in a number of different volumes, from small bottles, to large bulk containers. However, in general, body oils come in bottles of either 8 ounces or 16 ounces. Obviously, you should choose the overall volume of body oil based on your specific needs.
There’s nothing more annoying than when you apply an oil or lotion to your skin and it leaves a sticky or uncomfortable residue for the rest of the day. You want to attempt to avoid this situation at all costs. That’s why you must consider a body oil’s overall absorption capabilities. A high-quality body oil will absorb into the skin within seconds of being spread on, leaving little to no sticky residue behind.
The oil should have low viscosity. That means the massage oil should flow easily on the skin. It should not be sticky, like honey or sugar syrup. When you apply the oil, it should move along with the hand.
While some body oils are manufactured entirely in factories with synthetic products, other body oils are made out of natural, organic ingredients. In general, natural, organic body oils are of the highest quality.
Whether or not you want your body oil to possess a fragrance is completely up to you. While some oils do possess fragrances, others have been altered to rid them of any and all scents. Choose your body oil according to your personal preferences.
Like any other part of your body, your skin needs to be looked after carefully. Caring for your skin is as important as caring for your heart and lungs. Don’t overlook it. Take care of your skin with a high-quality body oil.
Absorbent and all-natural oils like the Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil go on smoothly, leaving no sticky residue behind, and moisturizing your skin all throughout the day. Keep your skin smooth and healthy deep into your life. Invest in a quality body oil.