Best Computer Chair 2017
Should you even care? It’s just a chair, right? If you work at a desk all day long, you know how much of a pain it can be—literally. Sitting in an uncomfortable desk chair all day not only makes the workday drag by, but it can have seriously negative effects on your health, including back and neck pain that just won’t go away.
If you work at a desk job day in and day out, one of the most important things you can purchase for your business office or even your home office is a quality, comfortable computer chair that’s not only ergonomic for hours of sitting but also provides the support you need.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Computer Chairs
|1||Serta 44186 Back in Motion Health and Wellness Mid-Back Office Chair||Serta||$$$||4.9|
|2||H&L Office High Back Mesh Executive & Managerial Desk Chair||H&L Office||$$||4.7|
|3||Office More Executive Swivel Leather Office Chair||Office More||$||4.6|
|4||Flash Furniture High Back Black Ribbed Upholstered Leather Executive Office Chair||Flash Furniture||$$||4.6|
|5||SPACE Seating Professional Dark Air Grid Back with Black Eco Leather Seat||Office Star||$$||4.6|
|6||Boss Office Products B8601 Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair||Boss Office Products||$$||4.6|
|7||basyx by HON HVL210 Task Chair||HON||$||4.5|
|8||Alera Etros Series Suspension Mid-Back Synchro Tilt Chair with Mesh Back Seat||Alera||$$||4.5|
|9||Flash Furniture Black Mesh and Computer Chair||Flash Furniture||$||4.5|
|10||Office Star 5500 Space Air Grid Mid-Back Swivel Chair||Office Star||$$||4.4|
Our Computer Chair Reviews
If you don’t want to break the bank buying a new computer chair, the Office More Executive is the affordable option you’ve been looking for. When you think of inexpensive computer chairs, you probably think of cheap, unpadded, and flimsy chairs that are extremely uncomfortable. This task chair is quite an upgrade from basic task chairs.
The outer is made of bonded leather, which is not only stylish but also soft and easy to keep clean. Foam filling provides extra comfort when seated. The chair is easily adjustable, so you can set it for your height for complete comfort all day long.
- The chair is extra comfortable
- It is easy to assemble
- It is smaller and lightweight, so it fits at almost any size desk
- The price is just right
- No tools are required for assembly
- It offers full lumbar back support
- The leather can get hot when seated for long periods
- The padding may begin to flatten after extended use
Stay cool and comfortable with this great computer chair from H&L Office. The mesh design allows air to flow around you, so you won’t get overheated. You can adjust the height, the headrest, and even flip the arm rests up or down so you can be as comfortable as possible while you work.
The overall design of the chair is sturdy and built to last, including the wheels, which are safe for use on hardwood floors. The chair reclines so when you’re ready to take a break, just kick back, relax, and enjoy sitting in comfort in your new computer chair.
- It is available in many colors, including Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, and Silver
- It is extremely comfortable
- The ergonomic design supports your back
- The price is affordable when compared to high-end chairs
- Assembly can be confusing
- People who are tall may not be able to use the headrest
- When fully reclined, it can feel a bit wobbly
Sit back and relax in the lap of luxury with this quality computer chair. You’ll hardly believe that you aren’t sitting in your favorite recliner when you plop down in this well-designed seating option. The bonded leather material is soft, comfortable, and withstands wear and tear. It’s also very easy to clean and eco-friendly.
The BIM active lumbar system moves with your body to continuously support your lower back for comfort you can count on. The deep body pillows let you sink back and relax. For additional comfort, adjust the armrests with just the push of a button or easily control the height with the ergonomically positioned levers.
- This chair is heavily padded for ultimate comfort
- It offers full lumbar support, even when you move
- Assembly is easy
- It comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- It is equipped with patented Active Seating Technology, which provides support and comfort while you move
- It is easy to adjust the height, and it also has a tilt feature
- The bonded leather material can make you hot with long periods of sitting
- This chair is priced more expensively than most other computer chairs
Our Top Rated Computer Chairs
What Is A Computer Chair?
A computer chair is a type of chair that is used at a computer desk. If you work in any type of office, you have a computer chair at your desk that you use while you work on the computer, talk on the phone, sit in on meetings, and perform other daily tasks at your job.
Most computer chairs have wheels so you can easily move about around your desk. They also swivel to make movements even easier. They are also height-adjustable so you can sit comfortably at your desk without having to slouch. Computer chairs can be used at home in your own office, at a students’ desk in a bedroom, and at your place of business.
A computer chair can be adjusted to be the perfect height for your computer desk, helping to promote good posture which prevents lower back pain, shoulder pain, and neck pain caused by long periods of sitting. With a computer chair, you get the support, convenience, and comfort you need while you work at your computer desk.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Computer Chair?
If you work at a desk, a computer chair is a necessity. You can’t spend the day standing all of your feet all day, and regular chairs without wheels are hard to move in and out when you need to stand up. Computer chairs make it easy to sit and stand as needed and move around your desk.
If there is any one factor that you can change to make spending eight hours a day in an office easier, it’s your chair. There is no shortage of evidence proving that being stuck in a chair for too long can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and worsen back pain. In fact, sitting too much is even called worse than smoking. Many people who have office jobs develop problems like numbness, spinal misalignment, joint pain, neck pain, and herniated discs — usually from sitting too long on a poor quality chair without support. While you probably do not want to spend a lot of money on a chair, a high-quality ergonomic chair is an investment in your health, comfort and productivity.
Two separate studies, published in 1990 and 2003, found productivity goes up more than 17% when individuals work in an ergonomic setting with an adjustable chair. The right chair combined with ergonomic training can also reduce workplace injuries. Even if you do not already have wrist or back problems, an ergonomic chair can help you maintain the right posture to avoid strain, carpel tunnel syndrome, lower back pain, and spinal disc injury.
The National Institute of Health recommends choosing a chair with all of the necessary adjustments to support proper posture. This includes a chair with casters and a five-point base; a seat pan with dense, small-cell foam padding or coils; a backrest that is either curved or small enough to fit the small of the back; soft armrests with an adjustable height and width; a hydraulic seat heat adjustment feature; and a tilt adjustment to transfer some body weight to the chair’s backrest.
What Are The Different Types of Computer Chairs?
Whether you’re purchasing a new chair to go with your brand new desk or you’re replacing an old, worn, or uncomfortable chair, you’ll find that there are hundreds of chairs available for purchase. There are many different types to fit different needs, from task chairs sized for students to plush executive chairs that offer complete comfort.
- Task Chairs – These are the most common type of computer chairs. They can be found in many offices, and they are also popular with students. These smaller chairs are basic in design, swivel, and have wheels that make them easy to move around. These chairs are available in a variety of colors, and they can adjust to a variety of different heights. These are the most popular because they are so inexpensive.
- Executive Chairs – Executive chairs are similar to task chairs with a few key differences. Executive chairs are on wheels and swivel, but they feature a higher back and more padding, so they are extremely comfortable, perfect for long periods of sitting.
- Mesh Chairs – Mesh chairs have a mesh back that allows air to circulate. This breathable mesh keep you cool all throughout the day without reducing your comfort level.
- Ergonomic Chairs – These chairs offer the most support for your back, which is a must when you spend hours sitting at a desk. These chairs help you sit with correct posture and offer full lower back support. These chairs are by far the most supportive. However, they are typically the most expensive.
- Balance Ball Chairs – This fairly new type of chair uses a balance ball and combines it with an office chair to help strengthen your back while you work.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Computer Chair
If you sit at a desk all day, staying comfortable is a necessity. This is why it is important to have a high-quality office chair. No matter what budget you have and what features you’re looking for, you’re sure to find a desk chair the meets all of your needs. By looking at these key features while you shop, you’ll be able to easily find your most comfortable and functional chair.
Whether you’re purchasing the chair yourself or your office is footing the bill, you always need to set a budget for your chair. Basic chairs made of cheaper materials are typically the least expensive, while quality chairs crafted with the best materials cost far more money. You should consider all features, including durability, instead of relying solely on price.
You’re likely going to spend hours in your computer chair, so why would you want to spend that time in discomfort? Look for a padded chair that has soft material covering the outer portion for maximum comfort. If you spend very little time in your chair, a more inexpensive, basic chair may be suitable for your needs.
Your chair shouldn’t just be comfortable; it should also provide support for your back. Many back pains, aches, and strains are a result from sitting for long periods of time in an unsupportive chair. You want to select a chair that is supportive and encourages good posture.
The cheapest chair may be easier on your wallet on the first day, but if it isn’t durably crafted, it will break or the fabric may rip in no time, so you have to purchase a replacement. By investing in a top-quality chair for your first purchase, you won’t have to worry about costly replacements in the future.
The best chairs go beyond what you’d expect. Many offer resounding ergonomic benefits, breathable mesh backing, and excellent lumbar support, while simultaneously granting you a swath of customization options spanning everything from colors to contours. None of them are going to be a cure-all for your workday woes — at least, not in the way a standing desk might be — but customized suspension and the appropriate aesthetics go far in the long haul.
When it comes to selecting a new computer chair, comfort and support are key. Even though you may want to go with the cheapest available option, you may end up paying in the long run when the chair breaks or when you’re left with aches and pains after you leave the office. For total comfort and support, the Serta 44186 Back in Motion Health and Wellness Mid-Back Office Chair is designed to give you a relaxing experience, even on the most stressful work days.