Best Electric Toothbrush 2017
Brushing your teeth is just part of your everyday routine. Keeping your teeth clean is not only essential to preventing stains, keeping your breath fresh, and ensuring your teeth stay their whitest, but it’s also crucial for your oral health. Failure to brush your teeth properly results in cavities, gum disease, and other problems that can lead to extensive dental work and high dentists’ bills.
While a manual toothbrush gets the job done when used properly, more and more people are putting electric models in their toothbrush holder. Investing in an electric toothbrush is an easy way to step up your oral hygiene game. These gadgets power away plaque better than manual brushes, and that two-minute timer keeps you brushing as long as you should. But with so many models on the market (and a wide range of prices), finding the right one is a challenge.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Electric Toothbrushes
|1||Philips Sonicare HX9332/05 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush||Philips||$$$$$||4.9|
|2||Oral-B Deep Sweep 1000 Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush||Oral-B||$||4.6|
|3||Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for Kids||Philips||$||4.6|
|4||Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + Floss Action Precision 5000||Oral-B||$$$||4.8|
|5||Oral-B Pro-Health Precision Clean Battery Toothbrush||Oral-B||$||4.4|
|6||Philips Sonicare HX5610/01 Essence Electric Toothbrush||Philips||$||4.3|
|7||Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush||Oral-B||$$$$||4.8|
|8||Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush||Oral-B||$$$||4.7|
|9||Brio SmartClean Sonic Electric Toothbrush||Brio||$$||4.4|
|10||iBrush SonicWave Electric Toothbrush||iBrush||$$$||4.3|
Our Electric Toothbrush Reviews
If you’re looking for a basic electric toothbrush that provides you with better cleaning power at a price that fits your budget, this is the product for you. This rechargeable toothbrush utilizes 3D cleaning power that pulsates and moves side to side, removing up to 100 percent more plaque than manual brushes. The pulsating action helps break up the toughest plaque for a clean, healthy smile.
Brushing your teeth is a must, but over-brushing can do more harm than good. If you’re brushing too hard, the pressure sensor will stop the brush from pulsating, protecting your teeth and gums. A built-in alert lets you move to different areas in your mouth so you’re sure to get all of your teeth sparkling clean.
- It is more inexpensive than many other rechargeable electric toothbrushes
- It has a built-in timer that goes off after two minutes, the time recommended to properly brush your teeth
- The bristles get deep down between the teeth, removing hidden plaque
- The indicator bristles fade so you always know when to replace your head
- After several months, the toothbrush may not hold a charge as well as it did when new
- It only has one cleaning mode
- It only works with 110v outlets
- There is only one size of brush heads available
You’ll be amazed at all of the features this great toothbrush has to offer. It provides many of the features found on more expensive versions at a fraction of the cost. With five different cleaning modes, you’ll be able to easily keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy. The built-in timer ensures you’re brushing for the right amount of time, and the SmartGuide works with your toothbrush to provide you with feedback that is beneficial to your oral health.
The design provides flossing action that, when combined with daily flossing, eliminates hidden plaque buildup. The built-in LCD screen makes it easy to turn on and off, as well as change your mode, and this toothbrush is compatible with many Oral-B replacement heads, so you can easily choose the one that’s most comfortable for you.
- It effectively removes up to 100 percent more plaque than the leading manual toothbrush
- Indicator bristles show you when it’s time to replace your brush head
- Brush head replacements are affordable
- It alerts you when you are brushing too hard, which can cause damage to your teeth and gums
- The ergonomic handle is easy and comfortable to grip
- It removes more hidden plaque than just flossing
- It comes with a travel case for portability
- The battery cannot be replaced
- It is only compatible with 110v
- It is larger and heavier than other models available on the market The included travel case is a bit oversized
Your dentist will be blown away after he sees the results that you get from this Sonicare toothbrush, and so will you. In just one week with proper use, you’ll notice that your teeth are whiter without the need for whitening treatments. After two weeks, your gum health will be noticeably improved. You are guaranteed to see results in just 28 days, or you can be refunded for your purchase.
This brush removes up to seven times more plaque than manual toothbrushes, so your teeth will not only look better, they’ll be healthier, as well. This system has a dual charging system that makes charging your brush easier than ever. Use the USB charging travel case while you’re on the go or the charging glass while you’re at home for convenience.
- It comes with two chargers, one for traveling and a charging glass that can also be used for rinsing
- One charge lasts three full weeks
- The whitening mode whitens teeth without the need for harsh whiteners
- Five different modes help you achieve the best clean
- It features an illuminated display that makes this brush easy to use
- It is more expensive than other models
- The brush heads wear out more quickly than others
- The battery is not replaceable
Our Top Rated Electric Toothbrushes
What Is An Electric Toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush is battery-operated teeth that makes it easy to maintain proper oral hygiene. The bristles on the head of the toothbrush rotate or move in different directions so you don’t have to do the hard work of scrubbing your teeth. Not only does an electric toothbrush make this daily task easier for you, but generally, these toothbrushes reach places where you can’t with a manual brush. This means that you decrease your risk of cavities, gingivitis, and other problems that may occur when you don’t properly brush.
The number of electric toothbrushes on the market has exploded over the last two decades, but there are only three basic types. The most common models have heads that rotate or oscillate side-to-side or up-and-down, to scrub teeth just as a manual brush would but more effectively. Sonic brushes make use of intense high-frequency vibrations to reach areas other toothbrushes can’t while also buffing teeth. We’re also starting to see more “ultrasonic” electric toothbrushes, which use ultrasonic waves a million times faster than those used by sonic brushes to break up plaque and kill bacteria.
What Are The Advantages Of Using An Electric Toothbrush?
The right toothbrush for you depends on your personal preference—do you want a classic brush that costs a couple bucks at the drugstore? Or do you want to shell out for an electric toothbrush that does some of the work for you? According the American Dental Association, they both work equally well to clean your teeth. But a powered toothbrush might help you ditch some of your bad brushing habits—like not going for long enough and failing to hit hard-to-reach spots.
An electric toothbrush makes it easy to keep your teeth as clean as possible. By brushing your teeth daily, you’ll keep your smile bright and white. Not only will your teeth look beautiful, but they will also be healthy. Failure to brush properly results in a lot of issues, from cavities that need to be filled to completely rotted teeth that have to be extracted.
Bad oral hygiene can easily lead to thousands of dollars in painful dental work. With an electric toothbrush, it’s easy to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
What Are The Different Types of Electric Toothbrushes?
If you want your teeth be cleaner and healthier than ever, an electric toothbrush is something that you’ll want to have in your bathroom. While shopping for one of these products, you’ll encounter a few different types. By knowing what types are available, you can easily find one that’s right for you.
- For Children – These toothbrushes are created with smaller handles that fit easily in tiny hands, as well as smaller heads and shorter bristles that are perfect for brushing baby teeth and a child’s first adult teeth. These are typically crafted in bright colors, and they may even feature popular characters, so brushing is more appealing to any child.
- Battery-Operated – These electric toothbrushes run on regular AA or AAA batteries that need to be replaced over time. These are generally the least expensive type of adult toothbrushes.
- Disposable – Instead of having replaceable heads, these toothbrushes have a fixed head, and they’re designed to be disposed of once they become worn out.
- Rechargeable – These are generally more expensive than toothbrushes that don’t have rechargeable batteries, but the savings that you get over time with replacement batteries actually may end up saving you money in the long run. These toothbrushes hook up to an AC charger and can last for several weeks on just one charge.
- Sonic Toothbrushes – Instead of rotating bristles, sonic toothbrushes vibrate at a rate of about 30,000 to 40,000 strokes per minute. Many people believe that these vibrations provide you with a better clean than other types of electric and manual toothbrushes.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Electric Toothbrush
Whether you want to reveal a whiter, brighter smile or you worry about maintaining good oral hygiene, an electric toothbrush could be the right option for you. With hundreds of different toothbrushes on the market, though, how do you ever choose the right one? Consider these key points to help you make a better purchasing decision.
You can’t put a price on good oral health, but unfortunately, your bank account may suggest otherwise. Price should always be a consideration, but it should never be the deciding factor. Set a budget that works for you, and then look for an effective toothbrush packed with the most features that fall within that budget. Even the most expensive toothbrushes are far less expensive than having to pay for pricey dental work.
Most electric toothbrushes use replaceable heads. While the initial purchase price of the toothbrush may be expensive, replacement heads may be quite pricey and end up costing you more over time. Consider the price and availability of replacement heads, as well as the different bristle types available so you can always have the most comfort when you brush.
All electric toothbrushes are designed to keep your teeth clean and healthy, but some go the extra mile to ensure you’re brushing properly. Consider extra features like built-in timers and deep cleaning action that give you a healthy smile you’ll be proud to show off.
If you want to personalize the way you brush your teeth, look for a brush that offers several different modes. This allows you to experiment and find the best way to keep your teeth looking great.
Warranties are another factor to consider. As a general rule, battery-powered toothbrushes don’t include them, while most rechargeable brushes do. If your rechargeable electric toothbrush breaks within the first two years after purchasing it, you can get it repaired or replaced at no additional cost. This may justify paying a little more upfront for a rechargeable model.
An electric toothbrush is a big investment compared to a manual brush, but they also do a superior job of keeping your pearly whites, well, pearly and white. The right electric toothbrush for you depends on your budget and your preferences. When it comes to your teeth and gums, you want to do everything you can to maintain your oral health.
The best way to do this at home is with a quality electric toothbrush. Even though it has a more expensive price tag, the Philips Sonicare HX9332/05 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is an excellent investment. With multiple settings, deep cleaning action, and a variety of other high-end features, this toothbrush will keep your teeth cleaner, whiter, and healthier just by using it daily, and that’s something to smile about.ng it daily, and that’s something to smile about.