Best Electric Wine Opener 2017
If you’ve ever tried to open up a bottle of wine, you know how difficult it can be without the right tool. Sometimes, even if you do everything right, you still run into problems. If you’re a regular wine drinker, you don’t want to have to wait around to get to drinking. You want to start drinking as soon as you get the bottle out. Fortunately, there is an electronic device that can help with that. That device is an electric wine opener.
Electric wine openers are capable of opening bottles of wine in under 10 seconds every time they are used, with very little effort or hassle. If you’re a wine connoisseur, you absolutely need to look into getting one.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Electric Wine Openers
|1||Secura Stainless Steel Electric Wine Opener Foil Cutter||Secura||$$||4.9|
|2||Pyora Cordless Electric Wine Opener||Pyora||$$$||4.8|
|3||Brewberry Premium Electric Wine Opener||Brewberry||$$||4.8|
|4||Wine Enthusiast Electric Blue Push-Button Corkscrew||Wine Enthusiast||$$||4.6|
|5||Kalorik CKS 40211 Wine Lovers Bottle Opener Set||Kalorik||$$$||4.5|
|6||Epicureanist Electric Wine Opener||Epicureanist||$$$||4.5|
|7||Waring Pro WO50B Cordless Wine Opener||Waring||$$||4.5|
|8||Ozeri Pro Electric Wine Opener||Ozeri||$$||4.4|
|9||Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener||Oster||$$||4.3|
|10||OxGord Electric Wine Opener||OxGord||$||4.1|
Our Electric Wine Opener Reviews
For an electric wine opener in its price range, this OxGord electric wine opener is the best electric wine opener you’re going to find. Though it’s not rechargeable, it can be operated with the use of just four AA batteries, allowing you to open bottles as soon as new batteries are inserted into it. With an ergonomic, plastic housing, it is both easy to handle and exceedingly durable, making it easy to keep steady while in use. If you’re looking for a very solid electric wine opener at a very affordable price, you need to give this one a look.
- Ergonomic plastic housing
- Possesses a foil cutter, allowing it to cover all aspects of the bottle opening process
- Aesthetically-pleasing design
- Doesn’t possess a rechargeable battery; needs four AA batteries instead
Though it’s not the absolute best electric wine opener on the market, for its price the Brewberry Electric Wine Opener is the best electric wine opener you’re going to find. Equipped with a rechargeable battery and a charger stand, it is capable of opening up to 30 bottles of wine on just one single charge. Durable, easy to handle, and capable of opening bottles of wine with the use of just one button, it can remove a cork in around 7 seconds. If you’re looking for a very nice electric wine opener at a reasonable price, you must consider this one.
- Opens bottles in about 7 seconds
- Can open up to 30 bottles on just one charge
- Possesses a durable, ergonomic plastic housing
- Included foil cutter is not attached to wine opener itself
If money is of no consequence to you, you’re going to want to find the best electric wine opener you can. In our opinion, that electric wine opener would be this wine opener by Secura. With a stainless steel housing, it’s as durable as any wine opener you’re going to find. Possessing a rechargeable battery, it can open up to 30 bottles of wine on just one charge, allowing you to easily take it to parties and get-togethers. If you’re looking for the best electric wine opener on the market, you can’t go wrong with this one by Secura.
- Durable and easy-to-handle construction
- Opens bottles as quickly as any wine opener you’re going to find
- Aesthetically-pleasing design
- Some users had trouble keeping it attached to its charger, but these were isolated incidents
Our Top Rated Electric Wine Openers
What Is An Electric Wine Opener?
An electric wine opener is exactly what it sounds like it is; an electronic device that is capable of opening up bottles of wine. Equipped with a built-in corkscrew, these wine openers can simply be sat on top of a bottle of wine, turned on, and drilled into the bottle’s cork, which will come out easily after the drill has entered into it.
An electric wine opener applies just enough pressure to the cork to gently slide it out of the neck of the bottle without damaging the cork, and without damaging the wine in the bottle. You do not have to have a lot of strength to remove the cork from the bottle when you use an electric wine opener. You simply attach the device to the top of the bottle and turn it on.
While there are some electric wine openers that must use power outlets in order to work, the majority are battery powered, coming with a charger stand which recharges them between each opening. Coming in all shapes, sizes, and styles, they look excellent in just about any part of any house.
What Are The Advantages Of Owning An Electric Wine Opener?
Manual corkscrews can be very difficult to use, especially if you’re not used to using them. With electric wine openers, you can just let the corkscrew do all the work for you. Not only does it drill deep into the cork with ease, it also removes the cork with little effort or worry.
Because most electric wine openers provide up to 30 openings with just one charge, you can easily bring yours to parties and events at which wine will be present. There is no other tool on the market that makes it quite as easy to open a bottle of wine.
What Are The Different Types Of Wine Openers?
Just as wine drinkers prefer different styles of wines, many also have a preference to the style of corkscrew they like to use. Some prefer the traditional method of using a waiter’s style corkscrew as most servers in your favorite restaurants would use. Others enjoy the sleek motion of the lever style or twist corkscrews and those that are looking for the easiest way to open a bottle typically opt for an air pressure driven or electric corkscrew. Take a look below for some more information on each of these different types of wine openers.
- Waiter’s Corkscrew: These are the standard tool of choice in restaurants (hence the name) and homes across the world. A handheld device equipped with a main body, worm and blade this is the oldest form of opening a bottle of wine.
- Air Pressure Wine Opener: These openers have a needle that go through the cork and a small C02 cartridge that provides just the right amount of power to safely push your cork out. Usually good for 80 – 100 bottles, air pressure wine openers are a great choice when a large number of bottles need to be opened quickly.
- Lever Style Corkscrews: Known also as a Rabbit Style Corkscrew, as this was the first on the market, there are two handles that wrap around the neck of the bottle and a lever that connects to the worm. With a simple push and pull open of the lever, the cork is removed from the bottle. They are also available in table mounted options as well.
- Electric Wine Corkscrews: With the push of a button these electric corkscrews pull and release the cork – it is that simple. Foil cutters double as the stand and they come with AC charger, great for those with little hand strength.
- Twist Corkscrews: As the name implies, these have a handle or mechanism that twists the worm into the corkscrew to remove it from the bottle, the most popular being the chrome wing corkscrew.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Electric Wine Openers
On the surface, most electric wine openers appear to be just about the same. Long plastic or metal cylinders, they enclose corkscrews which are electrically powered to quickly drive through the cork in wine bottles. However, when you look deeper than the surface, you’ll find quite a few things that separate different electric wine openers. In order to pick the right electric wine opener for you, these different aspects must be closely considered. They include the wine opener’s power source, how easy it is to use, how long it takes to open up a bottle of wine, and its overall construction quality, to name a few.
While there are some electric wine openers available that require a power outlet during use, the majority of electric wine openers on the market today are battery-powered. Having a battery-powered wine opener allows you to use it wherever you want to as long as it is charged.
Ease of Use
For the most part, electric wine openers are fairly easy to use. However, there are some which can be a little complicated, and without thorough directions included, can cause you some grief. Look for an electric wine opener that possesses one-button use. These types of openers are the most intuitive ones available.
When opening a bottle of wine, you don’t want to have to wait around in order to pull the cork out. While some electric wine openers can open a bottle of wine in about 5 seconds, others can cause the cork to crumble, resulting in a much longer opening duration. Not to mention, they leave little pieces of cork floating in the beverage you’re about to drink.
In general, electric wine openers are made out of two different materials. These materials are plastic and stainless steel. While stainless steel wine openers are probably going to be more durable, plastic openers are oftentimes easier to handle and control.
If you’ve got arthritis, weak hands, or just possess a complete inability to open a bottle of wine with the use of a manual corkscrew, an electric wine opener would be a huge help to you. Not only will it open your wine quickly, it will do so without any remarkable effort exerted by you.
Durable, easy-to-handle, and aesthetically-pleasing wine openers like the Secura Stainless Steel Electric Wine Opener Foil Cutter cut through wine corks in mere seconds with the use of just a single button. If you’re an avid wine drinker, you need an electric wine opener.