Best Electronic Dart Board 2017
Darts isn’t just a game that you’ll find at your local bar. In fact, this fun game has grown in popularity, so these days, it’s found in many restaurants and even home game rooms. There are a few problems, however, that make many people avoid darts. If you’re a beginner, the thought of throwing something sharp may be unappealing to you, especially if you have kids in the home.
Electronic or electric dart board is considered the best and convenient way to play darts today. Electronic dart boards have built in scoreboard and handicap feature that helps to balance the game to play fair even with the best electronic dartboard players out there. Electronic boards can be found in different styles, colors and sizes besides 15.5 inch professional boards. By exploring the world of electronic dartboards you may have felt confused to find the right board. But do not worry, we have done all the work for you. The electronic dart boards we discuss are the best quality available and with the features you will absolutely adore.
You may not understand the scoring process, or you might want to learn a few new games. Instead of equipping your home or business with an old-fashioned board, why not try an electronic dart board?
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Electronic Dart Boards
|1||Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Electronic Dartboard||Arachnid||$$$$||4.9|
|2||Bullshooter by Arachnid E-Bristle 1000 Electronic Dart Board Complete Set||Arachnid||$$$||4.8|
|3||Fat Cat Rigel 13-Inch Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard||Fat Cat||$$||4.7|
|4||Viper 777 Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard||GLD Products||$$||4.5|
|5||Arachnid Cricket Pro 650 Electronic Dartboard||Arachnid||$$$||4.6|
|6||Viper Neptune Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard with Cabinet||GLD Products||$$$||4.6|
|7||Bullshooter by Arachnid Volt Electronic Dartboard||Arachnid||$||4.5|
|8||Regent-Halex Millennia 1.0 Electronic Dartboard in Wood Cabinet||Regent Sports||$$$||4.6|
|9||Viper Specter Bilingual Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard||GLD Products||$$||4.5|
|10||Triumph Sports Evolution Electronic Dartboard with Tru Color Display||Triumph Sports||$$$||4.6|
Our Electronic Dart Board Reviews
If you’re new to darts or you just want to get an affordable game for the family, this board Fat Cat is a great choice. Priced well under $100, it’s one of the least expensive on the market, but don’t mistake affordable for cheap. It boasts many great features found on more expensive products.
This game can be played by up to 8 players, and it comes ready to play, loaded with over 30 different and fun games, as well as over 300 scoring options. You’ll get six plastic darts that are lightweight and easy to throw, so it’s great for kids too. Over time, your tips may break or wear down, but this comes with 30 replacement tips so you can keep playing. This model has a 13” face and an LED display that keeps up with your score.
- It is affordable
- It comes with everything you need
- It supports playing with multiple players
- It has multiple games and scoring options loaded
- It is easy to mount
- It comes with an AC adapter so you don’t have to worry about replacing batteries
- This is not a full-size board
- The interface is a bit confusing
- Those who want to use batteries for portability will not have the option
Choose your game with this versatile board, which works with steel or soft-tip darts, both of which are included. You won’t ever be bored when you play this, since it has over 30 different games and over 200 different variations for hours of non-stop fun. It also has voice recognition, making it easy to control, as well as sound effects that can be turned on or off depending on your preferences.
This set comes encased in a heavy-duty plastic cabinet that keeps everything on your wall looking neat and keeps your pieces organized so they don’t get lost. It has an LED scoring display that keeps up with your game, and you won’t have to worry about batteries, since this comes with an AC adapter for continuous power.
- It comes with everything you need to get started
- It is very versatile and can be used with two types of darts
- It has lots of preloaded games
- The cabinet has an attractive look and is very easy to mount
- The soft-tip darts may fall out of the board
- The volume setting resets every time the device is turned off
Whether you compete in tournaments or you just want to have a high-quality board you can enjoy for years to come, the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 is a product you should consider. This board is tournament-quality, meaning that it is more durable and accurate than less expensive boards. You won’t have to worry about the darts bouncing out in this unit – they all stay in place. Up to 8 players can join in on a variety of fun games, and there are hundreds of variations available.
This has a jumbo display that shows 4 players at a time and indicates who is currently up to throw. To throw off the best players, there’s even a heckler option that throws out jeers while they throw darts. This unit comes with everything needed to get started, including an AC adapter for continuous power, six darts, and extra tips. This is a very durable board that is designed to withstand years of games.
- It is very durable
- Darts don’t fall out as much as on less expensive boards
- It comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- It has a large, scrolling display
- The LCD screen is easy to read, even from a distance
- It has multiple options not found on other products, including a heckler and bounce out amend features
- It is a bit expensive
- It is a little tricky to mount
- The included darts are cheap and may need to be replaced for better ones
Our Top Rated Electronic Dart Boards
What Is An Electronic Dart Board?
An electronic dart board is a round game board that is hung on the wall. Players throw darts at the board. Smaller sections that require a more precise throw earn higher points, with the bulls eye right in the middle netting the most points. Instead of using traditional steel darts, these units use soft-tipped darts that are safer.
The board also has an electronic display that keeps score for you, so you don’t have to worry about anyone writing down the incorrect score or trying to cheat to win.
These electronic dart boards come with an electronic display where it will keep and show the scores to you. Thus, you don’t need to worry about writing down the score or points. The display will differ very from device to device.
What Are The Advantages Of Using An Electronic Dart Board?
There are a few advantages to owning an electronic dart board. The first is that the soft tipped darts are much safer than traditional steel darts. Steel darts can really injure someone if it hits them, and they can also put holes all in your wall when the target isn’t hit. With these soft-tipped darts, you don’t have to worry about dangerous edges that can injure players or damage your property. They’re ideal for adults, and children can get in on the fun too.
The electronic scoreboard also keeps up with your scores, so you don’t have to have a scorekeeper, and you’ll know that no one is trying to cheat and inflate their score.
What Are The Different Types Of Dart Boards?
If you think that you’d enjoy having one of these devices in your home or business to enjoy with family or friends, you might want to make a purchase. Before you buy the first board that you find, though, make sure you pick the right one by knowing what types are available.
- Regulation-Size Dart Boards – These are regulation size and look most similar to the traditional boards. These are ideal for adult players, and they are the most popular type.
- Cyber-Play Dart Boards – If you want to compete with others, a cyber-play board might be the best choice that will fit your needs. These boards will link with other similar boards to allow you to play against each other, even if you’re not in the same place.
- Children’s Dart Boards – These are much smaller and are designed to be used by children or parents who are playing with their kids. They are very similar to regulation-size boards and may have many of the same features, including auto shut-off, only in a smaller size that’s more convenient for children.
- Customized Dart Boards – There are many stores and online service which offer customized dartboards. You may get your favorite color, or you may engrave your name or initial on the board. You can put your favorite logo or attach more extra stuff to the casing. As most of the dart games are hosted in pubs and bars, you may see alcohol and beer brands name engraved in the dartboard. Some sports teams have their own dartboard logo with their mascot or team colors or may their particular star players.
- Bristle Dart Boards – Bristle dartboards are specially designed for professional and competition purposes. For regulation and competition purposes, it is crucial to have the perfect surface on a dartboard. These dartboards are mainly used in competition for their durability. These dartboards feature sisal fibers. Thus, these dartboards have self-healing feature. There are numbers on each ring to understand the point easily. If you want, you can remove the numbers. Bristle dartboards are widely used in professional competitions.
- Magnetic Dart Boards – The title is self-explanatory to understand the mechanism of this types of dartboards. These dartboards offer safe playing as there are no sharp tips. Thus, the problem of getting hurt doesn’t exist in this type of dartboards. These dartboards usually have a cloth in front of the wall. These dartboards come with flat darts to throw. Note these darts are magnetic. These dartboards are pretty easy to store and.
- Electronic Dartboard – Electronic dartboards are getting very famous for their amazing features, prices, and display system. These types of dartboards can be found in most of the bars and pubs. Previously people were using traditional dartboards, but the time is changing now. It allows you to focus on the game rather than remembering or writing the scores. Electronic dartboard comes with a display where it shows the scores and points of players. You need to create a profile first to follow-up quickly. Multiple players can play the game simultaneously to make it more entertaining. There are some advanced dartboards which provide cyber-playing with friends. This feature will link-up with players with the same board in a different territory. As a result, you get the option to make the playing more amazing.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Electronic Dart Board
Whether you’re a master at hitting the bullseye or you’ve never thrown a dart in your life, a dartboard is a fun game with easy rules that provides a challenge for all skill levels. One you’ve decided to make this purchase, you need to look at the features of each board to determine which one is right for you. These four features can help you get started.
An inexpensive board just for fun costs less than $50, while a more high-tech board designed for tournament-level play may cost hundreds of dollars. Make sure that you evaluate all other features before purchasing solely based on price. The more expensive board may be too complicated, or the cheaper board may fall apart with heavy use. While it’s okay to set a budget and spend what you can afford, you should never let price be the sole deciding factor when making your purchase.
Usually, the display is located at the bottom of the board. However, there are some electronic dartboards which has the display on the top of the board. The displays may differ from board to board, but the functionality is quite same. They are there to provide the score and points. Some of the boards might have a bigger display, and some might have a smaller display. It is up to you to choose the one you like.
Number of Players
If you plan to host groups of friends at your home, you want to make sure that you have the versatility to play with a lot of players. For every board you’re considering, see how many players can be scored at once to make sure your game is scored accurately and fairly and that no one is left out.
Number of Games
To get the most out of your board, look for one that features a variety of different games. Make sure that the one you are purchasing has an instruction book that explains each game. By purchasing a board with multiple settings and games, you can ensure hours of fun in your rec room.
Sure, that board you’re eyeing may seem cheap, but make sure that you don’t have to purchase additional darts, tips, or other accessories to begin enjoying it – these items really add up! Instead, look for an inclusive set that has everything you need to get started to play this fun game.
Owning an electronic dartboard is a fun and exciting addition to your game room, and everyone in the family can enjoy the sport. Darts have a long and rich history, and only in the last couple of years have electronic dartboards become so phenomenally popular. They’re a great alternative to the traditional dartboard because they eliminate the need to keep score by hand, feature less bounce out, and allow you to even play against people who aren’t in the room with you. Most electronic dartboards are easy to install, and come with many extra features that make gaming more enjoyable and easier than ever. In this article we began by discussing the top rated dartboards on the market, and these are the electronic versions that customers absolutely love. They are affordable to own, and easy to install in your home. These boards even allow you to input your handicap so that people of various skill levels can play against one another.
Playing on a dart board is loads of fun for adults and kids of all ages. Keep the game fun and safe with an electronic board that is designed for use with your family or friends. If you want a high-quality board that’s designed to withstand wear and tear, is easy to use, comes loaded with games, and has features you won’t find on other units, the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 should be on your list. This board has everything you need for hours of fun at home or at your business.