Best Luggage Set 2017
At some point in life, we all have to travel. Whether it is for a relaxing getaway with our family or friends or a business trip for the company we work with, travel is something that most people do at least once in their lives, and some people travel multiple times each year. Whether you’re going on an exotic cruise or just to the next state to spend the holidays with family, you know that overnight packing is essential for any trip. Instead of using duffle bags or backpacks for the trip, why not travel in style with a high-quality luggage set.
Luggage sets prepare the traveler for any length of trip and all possible scenarios. A set can be as simple as two basic pieces, such as a matching large and small suitcase set, or as extensive as a multi-piece set with three, four or five pieces that include everything from several large, medium and small suitcases, to a duffle bag, garment bag, toiletry bag, laptop bag and more. Having diverse sizes from which to choose ensures that there will always be the perfect bag for any situation.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Luggage Sets
|1||Travel Gear Signature 4 Piece Expandable Spinner Luggage Set||Travel Gear||$$||4.9|
|2||Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS 3 Piece Set||Samsonite||$$$$||4.8|
|3||American Tourister Luggage AT Pop 3 Piece Spinner Set||American Tourister||$$||4.7|
|4||American Flyer Luggage Silver Clover 5 Piece Set||American Flyer||$$$$||4.7|
|5||Samsonite Luggage Fiero HS 3 Piece Nested Set||Samsonite||$$$||4.6|
|6||Nautica Luggage Helmsman 4 Piece Set||Nautica||$$||4.6|
|7||Rockland 2 Piece Luggage Set||Rockland||$$||4.5|
|8||US Traveler Rio Two Piece Expandable Carry-On Luggage Set||Traveler's Choice||$||4.4|
|9||Rockland Luggage Melbourne 3 Piece Set||Rockland||$||4.4|
|10||Ninewest Round Trip 5 Piece Luggage Set||Nine West||$||4.4|
Our Luggage Set Reviews
You don’t have to pay a fortune to have stylish, quality luggage. This three piece set comes with everything you need for your trip, including bags that are 21 inches, 25 inches, and 29 inches. Each bag is equipped with spinners that allow for a greater range of movement for easy transport wherever you go.
These polyester suitcases are available in your choice of four colors, Black, Navy, Purple, and Aqua Blue. They have padded top and side carry handles for easy portability. There are multiple pockets on the interior, as well as front panels for last-minute packing and organization.
- This set is very affordable
- The spinners make them easy to pull around
- They are made with high-quality polyester for durability
- They come backed with a great warranty
- They have multiple pockets for easy packing
- They are lightweight
- They come in multiple colors
- The top handles do not feel as sturdy as those on other models
- The zippers may rip or break over time
- Suitcases do not keep their shape over time
If you’ve dealt with fabric luggage before that has ripped or lost its shape while being tossed around by the airlines, a hardsided set will provide you with more security. This set is made with polycarbonate that’s strong and durable enough to last for years, and a 10-year limited warranty provides you with confidence knowing you’ve made a great purchase.
Each piece has spinners for easy portability, TSA-approved side locks, and interior dividers and pockets for complete organization. This set has three pieces, enough to pack for several days or longer, and it comes in your choice of colors, basic charcoal or brighter orange.
- It is very high-quality and durable
- It is not very expensive
- It comes with a warranty
- It has retractable handles for portability
- Spinner wheels make these glide along with ease
- Each piece has a combination lock for security
- Despite its durable construction, it is fairly lightweight
- It is resistant to dents and dings, and it always holds its shape
- The brushed pattern helps conceal scrapes and scratches
- The interior is fully lined
- The interior has cross straps to hold everything in place
- The interior zippers are a bit difficult to open and close
- No external pockets are on the smallest bag
This designer set provides the perfect combo of space, functionality, and fashionable style. The first thing you may notice is the attractive exterior fabric that really makes this set stand out in your choice of three colors, White/Peacoat, Grey, and Burgundy. Each suitcase features a telescoping handle that retracts when not in use, a lock button to keep the handle in place, and 360 degree rolling with the attached spinners.
There are multiple interior pockets, an expandable design making these easy to pack, and additional great features like shoe pockets, side gusset pockets, and dual front pockets for those last-minute items you forgot to pack. The interior of each bag is fully lined, and you have four sizes to choose from, including a zippered carry-on. This set has a great design that will keep you looking stylish during travels with the durability you need for years of use.
- The set has four great pieces, providing you with plenty of packing space
- Fashionable exterior
- It comes with a warranty to protect your purchase
- The handles are very sturdy
- The spinners make them easy to pull around
- The suitcases nest for easy storage when not in use
- It provides plenty of space
- The set has plenty of interior pockets, including separate space for shoes, mesh pockets, and more
- Doesn’t exceed in rainy weather conditions
Our Top Rated Luggage Sets
What Is A Luggage Set?
A luggage set is a set of bags that are used to hold your belongings while you travel. Each set differs from brand to brand in regards to sizes, pieces, materials, and overall design, but a set is made of several pieces that are made of the same fabric and feature the same color or pattern.
Most sets include a large suitcase, as well as a smaller suitcase or several. A smaller toiletry bag may also be included to hold health and beauty items. These sets are designed so that you can easily pack all of your clothing, shoes, electronics, and personal items that you will need during your trip.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Luggage Set?
The primary advantage of owning a set of luggage is that you will have plenty of space for your personal belongings while you travel. Modern suitcases are made with multiple pockets, including plastic lined compartments, where all of your items can be kept neat and organized, even during the longest trips. Since these sets are coordinated, they look great while they’re organizing, and if you pick a distinct color or pattern, they are easy to identify when you’re at the airport, on a cruise, or anywhere you might be separated from your luggage for a brief period of time.
Sometimes it’s satisfying enough to take a small trip for only a day or two to some nearby relaxation spot. The journey there and back may take no more than a few accumulated hours, but they can account for a massive break from our quotidian monotony. For such short trips, you scarcely need to pack anything at all; a few dollars in your pocket and the clothes on your back ought to be enough. Maybe bring a sweater, just to be safe.
Other times, however, the need to roam is much greater, necessitating a longer, more thorough journey. In America, that journey usually can’t last more than two weeks out of every year unless you want to risk losing your job. Two weeks is still plenty of time to inspire you toward over-packing, though, and even the average packers among us require a few bags for a trip that long.
When you want to get away for a while, and you want to do so with a kind of uniform style, you reach for a luggage set. For the first 20 or 30 years of our lives, we’re content with a mishmash of suitcases and bags, but, as we glide on into true adulthood, the luggage set makes more and more sense to our increasingly sophisticated brains. Having upwards of a half-dozen matching bags will make organizing even a whole family’s vacation that much easier.
What Are The Different Types of Luggage Sets?
Whether you are purchasing your first set of luggage or you’re replacing an older set, there are a few things you need to look for while shopping for this type of product. The first thing you need to know is about the different types available, the differences between each type, and which one will best fit your travel needs.
- Rolling Luggage Sets – These sets contain a piece or several pieces that have wheels attached. This way, you won’t have to lug a big, heavy suitcase around by hand, but instead, can pull it around by a handle that slides into the suitcase when not in use to eliminate bulk. These are best for when you have a very heavy suitcase or you plan to handle your bag for a longer period of time, such as walking through the airport.
- • Spinner Luggage Sets – These are similar to rolling sets, however, they offer more range of movement. Whereas most sets with wheels just move forward and backward, these can do a complete spin, making it easy to drag them forward, backward, and side to side without having to lift a loaded suitcase that’s quite heavy.
- • Hardsided Luggage Sets – Most modern suitcases are made of soft fabrics for a more lightweight design, but others are made of harder plastic. These sets are ideal for keeping clothing from getting rumpled easily and protecting breakable items. These sets may be more expensive, but they are more heavy-duty as well, and they can easily last through years of traveling.
- • Designer Luggage Sets – These are typically the most expensive of all sets. They are made by a high-end, well-known designer and may feature signature fabrics and designs that are associated with their work. These sets are very trendy and often come with a very large price tag.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Luggage Set
Even if you only take vacations every now and again, a set of luggage is always nice to have to make packing and transporting your personal items more convenient. If you’ve decided that you want to purchase one of these sets, it may be tempting to just buy the first one you see that has a nice price tag or comes in your favorite color. However, you should look at several factors for each set you consider purchasing.
The following four features are some of the most popular things that consumers look for when shopping for a new set of luggage, and you should consider each point before making your final buying decision.
Price shouldn’t be the only thing you consider when making your purchase, but it certainly should be part of the final decision. You want to stay within a budget that is reasonable, but you don’t want to bypass other important features or settle on an inferior product solely based on price. Consider other factors, including quality, overall reviews, and size before you let price be your determining factors.
Luggage isn’t necessarily cheap, so you don’t want to settle on a set that’s not designed to last you through many trips. While everyday wear and tear is quite normal, even on the most high-end sets, things like broken handles, luggage locks that don’t work, and wheels that break off after just one use may very easily be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, costing you nothing for repairs or replacements.
Number of Pieces
Sets come with different pieces, anywhere from two to five or more. Determine how many pieces will best fit your needs. For solo travel, a two-piece set may be sufficient. However, if you frequently go on long trips or you’re packing for the whole family, a larger set may work best for you.
No matter what the suitcase is made of, you want to make sure that it is durable. Look for high-quality polyester or nylon materials, as well as hard plastics and polycarbonates for luggage you can count on.
No, airline travel isn’t much fun anymore, what with long security lines and intrusive searches. But at least you can protect all your clothing and other personal items while looking good with one of these luggage sets.
When you travel, it’s important that you have a quality set of luggage to protect and store all of your belongings, so you’re never without the things you need the most while away from home. If you want a great set that features a stylish design, quality fabric, four great pieces, and plenty of space for packing, the Travel Gear Signature 4 Piece Expandable Spinner Luggage Set has everything you’re looking for. With this set, you can pack your bags in style and quality that you can count on for many years to come.