Best Teeth Whitening Kit 2018
Have you been dazzled by Tom Cruise’s sparkling smile and dreamt what it would be like if you had such gleaming white teeth? Well, you’re in luck! We are here to tell you everything you need to know, to have the most charming smile possible!
You are probably thinking that your teeth whitening procedure will cost you a fortune, not to mention the hassle of booking an appointment with the dentist. Now imagine the tiresome wait at your dentist’s place. Ugh! Sounds terrible, doesn’t it?
Don’t you worry! There’s a much simpler and convenient process to whiten your teeth in a matter of days! And best of all, it’s inexpensive!
In this article, we will review the ten best teeth whitening kits and provide a comprehensive guide to help you choose the best-suited product for your teeth. So read along to rediscover your endearing smile!
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Teeth Whitening Kits
|1||Smartsmile Professional Teeth Whitening Kit||SmartSmile||$$|
|2||Shine Whitening - Zero Peroxide Teeth Whitening System||Shine Whitening||$$|
|3||Crystal Smile Advanced Lite Teeth Whitening Home Kit||Crystal Smile||$|
|4||Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Professional Effects||Crest||$$$|
|5||Dr Song Home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit||Dr. Song||$$|
|6||Lovely Smile Premium Line Teeth Whitening Strips Kit||Lovely Smile||$|
|7||Iconic Teeth Whitening At Home Kit||Iconic||$$|
|8||Philips Zoom Whitening||Philips||$$|
|9||Professional Teeth Whitening Gel- Ultra White||Ultra White||$$|
|10||GLO Brilliant Teeth Whitening Device||GLO Science||$$$$|
Our Teeth Whitening Kit Reviews
Although you might not be familiar with the brand, Crystal Smile, their Advanced Lite Teeth Whitening Home Kit is a fantastic product. Not only is it inexpensive, but it also provides whiter teeth within a few days of use!
If you are restraining yourself from using this product because you have highly discolored teeth, you need not worry. This kit has enough material to last you ten days. In other words, you should have sparkling teeth before you finish using it.
- This kit comes with 10 ml of 35% Peroxide Whitening Gel.
- The Cool Blue LED Accelerator Light quickens up the process of whitening.
- The 2 Thermoforming Mouth Trays (one for the top and another for the bottom row of teeth) will fit all teeth types.
- For convenience, this product comes bundled with a mouth tray storage case.
All in all, the Crystal Smile Advanced Lite Teeth Whitening Home Kit performs as advertised. You will get whiter teeth within a few days of using this product. However, if you have highly sensitive teeth, we would suggest you look elsewhere.
Most teeth whitening kits come with a peroxide formula for the gel. And if you have sensitive teeth, it could spell disaster for you. Peroxide formulas are notorious for causing terrible toothache to those with high tooth sensitivity.
The Shine Whitening Zero Peroxide Teeth Whitening System, as its name suggests, is aimed at those with tooth sensitivity problems. So if you are someone who has avoided teeth whitening kits because of sensitivity issues, this product can hopefully change that.
- The Zero-Peroxide formula ensures you have no toothache and gum irritation after using the kit.
- This product uses natural ingredients to whiten your teeth.
- The included LED light accelerates the process of whitening.
- The simple-to-use trays quickly adjust to the shape of your teeth.
- It comes bundled with two 10 ml screw cap syringes and a retainer case for added convenience.
The natural ingredients of this gel work like a charm to whiten your teeth, albeit slowly. That’s the sacrifice you have to make in case you have sensitive teeth.
In today’s fast-paced world, most people just don’t have the time to wait a week or two to get whiter teeth. If you are looking to get visibly whiter teeth in a day or two, you need to check out this product.
The Smartsmile Professional Teeth Whitening Kit aims to provide all the benefits of a professional grade dentist’s teeth whitening session. On top of that, it doesn’t taste horrible like most teeth whitening kit products.
- This product contains two 10 ml syringes, suitable for 20 treatments.
- It contains 35% Carbamide Peroxide gel.
- The pair of thermoform trays can adjust to a wide range of mouth sizes.
- Each teeth whitening session can be effective after only five minutes of use. That is considerably lower than competitors.
- The gel has a great mint taste.
- This whitening kit provides substantial improvements after the first use itself.
Smartsmile markets its teeth whitening kit with the bold statement – ‘Whitens Teeth Within 1 Treatment’. And we are happy to report that it lives up to its ridiculous claim. On top of that, the product is very well priced indeed. However, the powerful peroxide formula is a definite no-no if you have sensitive teeth.
Our Top Rated Teeth Whitening Kits
A Guide to Teeth Whitening
In this extensive guide, we aim to cover everything you need to know about teeth whitening. After reading the following part, we believe that you will be able to choose the best-suited product for you and learn to maintain your sparkling white teeth for years to come.
What causes teeth discoloration?
Teeth discoloration can be a driving factor in your poor confidence level, especially on a date. In fact, men are more worried about teeth discoloration than going bald!
Here are some of the primary reasons behind teeth discoloration.
- High consumption of caffeine products like tea or coffee.
- Condiments like pasta sauce or curry powder.
- Different types of berries like blueberries, cranberries, raspberries.
- Alcoholic beverages which are acidic like red wine and white wine.
- Chewing or smoking tobacco products.
- Hereditary factors.
- Poor dental hygiene.
What is a Teeth Whitening Kit?
Teeth whitening kits come in the form of strips, pastes or gels. The kits containing pastes or gels usually come bundled with thermoform trays, and sometimes even include LED lights.
The active ingredient in most of these kits is either hydrogen or carbamide peroxide that generally ranges from 10 to 22 percent in strength. Strong whitening kits can contain peroxide concentration of 35%.
How does a teeth whitening kit work?
The teeth whitening kits can be divided into two major categories:
- Strips – This kit is the simpler of the two. All you have to do is apply the strips containing the whitening gel to both rows of your teeth and keep them on for about half an hour. The whitening gel in the strip will act upon your teeth and whiten it.
Once you remove the strips, you must rinse your mouth properly. These strips usually take a lot longer to produce results compared to the gel and tray kits.
- Gel and trays – The process involving gel and trays is much more complex. Thankfully all the kits come with proper guides to help you with the procedure. In the beginning, you must shape the thermoform trays to fit your mouth. This is done by dipping the trays in hot water for about 5-8 minutes.Once they are soft and malleable, you need to fill the trays with the whitening gel and apply them to your teeth. Like the strips, you need to keep the trays on for about 30-minutes. Although, in the case of gels with high peroxide content, you don’t need to keep it on for longer than 10-minutes.
Some of these kits also come with LED lights which activate the gel to accelerate the process of whitening.After you remove the trays, be sure to rinse properly. Teeth whitening kits containing gel and trays usually take less than a week to give visibly whiter teeth.
Choosing the Best Teeth Whitening Kit For You
Choosing the right teeth whitening kit can be much more complicated than buying the latest smartphone. The market is flooded with hundreds of teeth whitening kits. We believe that you should consider the following points before you set out to buy a teeth whitening kit.
Less Hassle – Gel and tray kits can be a pain to work with. Moreover, the trays might not fit inside your mouth. Therefore the easiest option would be to apply teeth whitening strips instead. However, strips tend to work a lot slower than gel and tray kits.
Teeth Whitening Session Length – If you are not too keen on keeping these kits in your mouth for an extended period, you need to consider stronger products. But bear in mind that the strong products have high peroxide content and can cause tooth sensitivity problems.
Peroxide or Zero-Peroxide Kits – As mentioned earlier in the article, you need to avoid gels or strips containing peroxide if you have sensitive teeth. The only downside to Zero-Peroxide products is that they take longer to produce results.
Time To Achieve Visible Improvements – If you are in a hurry to achieve sparkling white teeth, then you need to purchase peroxide-rich gel and tray kits. The gels with a high peroxide concentration of 35% usually give significant improvements in a day or two.
Price – Last but not the least is the price you pay for the kit. Most teeth whitening kits fall in the $20-$50 range. You don’t need to spend north of $50 to get an amazing product.
As expected, the strips tend to be priced lower than the gel and tray kits. And if you don’t have a problem with waiting for results, then you should go for a decent set of whitening strips.
Maintaining Your Pearly Whites
Whitening your teeth is only half the task. The next step would be to take proper care of your teeth. Here are some of the things you can do to ensure the longevity of your shining teeth.
- Cut down on your smoking.
- Avoid drinking too many stain-causing beverages.
- Use a straw to drink beverages.
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day.
- Avoid brushing right after a meal. Wait for at least 30-minutes before brushing.
Now that you have an extensive knowledge about teeth whitening kits; go ahead and buy the right kit for you. And remember to stay disciplined with your dental hygiene after you rediscover your sparkling smile.